Sunday, August 30, 2009

I met a schizophrenic

Because of the Butterfly

It flits through the air,
Blowing the beautiful lights away
And why, when it’s here, do the voices disappear?
It tortures me


Now it burns as though it is a floating flame
And I am scathed by the glare of its razor wings
No plan does it have to hurt me,
But nature bids it do so!


All is dark at present
It has killed... everything
No one talks to me anymore
I feel so alone, not knowing what to do with myself


I scream, but why, for no one hears
In the white I frantically hurl myself
Black and blue, I find my skin transforming like fire to ice, though the acid sensation in my mind remains
Why won’t it stop?!

Anything is better than this
Nature is cruel, but THIS is agonizing!
I do not deserve this pain!
Why must I live like this...

The answer, my friend, is something so simple
Why had I not thought of it before?
Now I Know what God wants
‘Be at peace,' he says


A bulb of light I hold in my hand and it envelops me
I feel the glow of heaven upon my skin
The devil creature melts from my sight
No longer does it follow me, and though my friends are gone, I feel not alone


A new friend, a new face
She is Beautiful!
She brings me to her home, and though it is encircled in flames, it is as cold as ices
She soothes me

But suddenly, I am in chains
The goddess before me, her alabaster skin cringes, contorts, and shrivels beyond recognition
Now a witch stands before my eyes, smiling
But why does she smile?


NO longer beautiful, her cold hand strikes my face
I bleed a river, and my blood boils ablaze
And I realize that I am not free, and that it is Hell in which I reside
I cry


Forever I am confined in this chamber of my mind
That which even death could not save me from
And she just laughs at me, for I am helpless
Like a heart without its being


I find now that it was not God speaking to me, but her
Why did I listen?!
All of this for the disburdening of one demon!

A fool, I was left to suffer ceaselessly

Because of the butterfly

1 comment:

  1. Nice Gil.

    Is this a vision of temptation or am I completely off?

    ReplyDelete